The Department of Internal Medicine is a full-fledged facility run by senior physicians, internist and super-specialists offering comprehensive care for diagnostics, therapeutics, general and preventive medicine for all ages. We have consultants who are capable of diagnosing and treating complicated medical problem in the field of diabetes and endocrinology, rheumatology, pulmonology, medical oncology, infectious diseases, HIV and AIDS and primary immunological disorders.
The department is backed by high-end technology, gadgets and equipment’s for monitoring. Newly built facility starting from the emergency department to the inpatient rooms and intensive care, everything world class is available for medical management.
The physicians strive to offer quality services to the outpatients and inpatients so as to provide standard outcomes. Comprehensive clinical services provided are as follows –
- Extensive preventive health check
- Management of drug overdoses & poisoning
- Diagnosis of fever of unknown origin
- Treatment of septicaemia and septic shock associated multi-organ failure
- Management of chronic diseases like arthritis, asthma, diabetes, heart diseases, medical emergencies like pneumonia, meningitis, ketoacidosis etc
- Critical care management of critically ill / immune – suppressed patients, or suffering from contagious diseases
- Treatment of infectious diseases due to seasonal infirmities and tropical infections like complicated malaria, dengue, chickenguniya
- Emergency services to deal with trauma and urgent care
- Pulmonology: A senior pulmonologist with his team and the latest machines carries out various pulmonary function tests and provides respiratory support.
- Oncology: An experienced consultant is engaged to give short term chemotherapy. Also the department gives highly specialised chemotherapy for haematology and solid tumours.
- Rheumatology: The department runs a rheumatology OPD with advanced laboratory geared to diagnose and treat rheumatological problems such as rheumatoid arthritis, progressive systemic sclerosis, sero-negative spondyloarthropathy etc.
- Diabetes Mellitus & Endocrinology: The emphasis is on prevention, early detection and control of diabetes and its complications.